|Title : ||Validator Specification|
|Project : ||Xnfo (http://xnfo.sf.net)|
|Reference : ||xnfo-spec-validator|
|Version : ||0.02|
|Date : ||14/02/2003|
|Author(s) : ||Sanx|
||Added support for unknown elements
Error messages and action should be obvious
This document presents the specification of the example tool called Validator.
It validates the information contained in an Xnfo file, or a set of Xnfo files,
plus the production.
Here are the different things that the validator checks in this order :
- XML consictency
- Xnfo version
- Xnfo structure
- Unknown elements and attributes
- Xnfo author email presence
- Wellformed Email addresses
- Wellformed Url
- Wellformed Filenames
- Wellformed Command lines (unsupported for the moment)
- File references : some information may reference files that are in
the archive, for example : run, references the executable to run.
screenshot, references an image in the archive. (unsupported)
- Check necessary to rulez fields are here (unsupported).
This software is command-line only. You run it using :
$> xnfo-validator.exe [files]
files : a sequence of .xnfo or .zip to check.
Error messages and actions
Error messages should be clear enough. If it isn't, it is a bug, please
This document belongs to xnfo project.